Pippy’s Yoga Column provides yoga tips and insights for humans and felines alike. If you have a question, comment or topic you would like Pippy to address, please contact her at: Pippy at Feline Yogi dot com.
Greetings felines and the humans who serve us. Pippy welcomes you to the beginning of the human cultural work week by wishing you a Happy Monday! I think the felines will agree with me when I say I have never understood the human need to name chunks of time with seven words that repeat themselves over and over but then Pippy (thank God) is not human!
Speaking of humans, a human writes to Pippy this week with the following question: Pippy can you share with me some of the overall health benefits that you have reaped from your yoga practice? I am thinking of starting a yoga practice and need some motivation.
Pippy is in great health due to my ongoing yoga practice and more than happy to share the benefits I have reaped.
- SOUND SLEEP: Pippy sleeps very soundly and never has trouble doing so. While sleeping I have vivid vibrant dreams. I often dream I am a cat in Ancient Egypt and humans everywhere are falling at my feet singing my praises and chanting the following: Pippy, Pippy, Pippy-You are a beautiful feline Goddess and we adore and worship you!
- EXCELLENT HEARING SKILLS: Pippy can be in a deep deep slumber on the other side of the house far far away from the kitchen but I can hear a can opener coming out of the kitchen drawer practically before it happens!
- CRAVES HEALTHY FOOD: Pippy’s high protein diet keeps me healthy and strong. I do admit that I occasionally steal the pita bread and tortilla chips off the kitchen cabinet when the humans aren’t looking. I even got into the butter this past weekend. The female human was not amused but I thought it was really funny and yummy!
- LESS STRESS: As a young kitten Pippy had an epiphany while deep into downward facing cat pose. I suddenly realized there was no need to ever stress out about any of my needs being met because that’s what humans are for! And they are so good at it and must enjoy it otherwise they would take steps to stop, don’t you think?
- IMPROVED CONCENTRATION: Pippy can concentrate one one object for hours on end. For example, I often sit close to the at the refrigerator and stare intently because sooner or later one of the humans will open it and I will then demand a yummy treat!
Until next week….
Meow and Namaste!
The Yoga Cat Mat is for today’s hip modern enlightenment seeking cat. If you would like to order The Yoga Cat Mat, please visit the Feline Yogi Store on Etsy.